Graph Navigation Help
Harvest graphs utilise the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format to display the data from your weather station. This format was added in February 2014 as an upgrade to the old GIF format and introduces a number of features:
- Improved graphics
- Time and date tags on all graphs
- Increased zoom and navigation options
- Graph marker for finding values at specific points in time
- Calendar functionality for jumping to specific dates
The video to the right (direct link) explains how to use the various graph functions available to you. As always, if you have any further queries and the video has not been able to help you out, please contact our support team during New Zealand business hours.
NB. To use the marker functionality on touch screen devices (such as an iPad or iPhone) you will need to hold for a short time instead of just touching, this was implemented to avoid problems with scrolling.
- The first time you browse to the new graphs they may not load correctly due to the browser caching the old data. To fix this you may need to force refresh you browser, this can be done by pressing CTRL+F5 on windows, or CMD+R/APPLE+R on a MAC. Alternatively you can clear your browsers cache, see this site for details on how to do this for your particular browser.
- SVG Format only runs on Internet Explorer 9 and up, visit caniuse.com to find out if your browser supports SVG. If your browser does not support SVG, then it should automatically fall back to the old GIF graphs. (If you aren't sure what version browser you have you can go to whatismybrowser.com and it should tell you.)
- Harvest recommends using Google Chrome.
- Windows Phone has limited support, as such we have disabled it where possible causing it to fall back to the GIF graphs on a Windows phone.