Long Range Remote
The Harvest Long Range Remote (LRR) is a companion device for the ITU G2 that allows wireless monitoring of a wide variety of sensors
up to 2km away from the ITU G2.
- Up to 2km range
- Two analog inputs with ranges of 2V, 10V, 40V, or 4-20mA
- Two digital inputs with counting capability and programmable edge filtering
- One configurable excitation output with programmable voltage up to 15V
- One Dallas 1-wire bus input
- 12V DC or long life battery powering options
- One minute reporting to ITU
Use of wireless sensors with the ITU_G2 requires the Harvest Dual Mode Receiver (DMR) to be fitted to the ITU. This receiver also supports short range temperature sensors.
The ITU_G2 can log data from up to 63 different sensors, all of which could be Long Range Remotes. Since it's usual to log signal strength from each of the remotes as well as a few sensors at the ITU itself, a more practical limit is something like 20 remote sensors.
1. The 2km range is based on the distance that we have found to give reliable operation across flat horticultural properties. It is common practice for suppliers of radio equipment to specify a line of sight range but we believe this leads to unrealistic expectations since most installations aren't quite line of sight.